At some point or another we’ve all experienced the dreaded symptoms of a cold. You know, the sneezing, scratchy throat, runny nose, and fatigue that comes along with it.
Though most of us are quick to blame someone else for our symptoms, there’s really only one person to blame: ourselves. Instead of being mad at your partner or coworker for spreading their germs, you should be upset with your immune system. Ultimately, a cold is our body’s way of telling us that our immune system isn’t strong enough. Hence why we’ve dedicated this week’s blog to sharing 5 Natural Immune Boosters!
5 NATURAL IMMUNE BOOSTERS
1) ZEN TIME. With Fall in the air and the holiday season fast approaching, things can get a little chaotic. Here’s the thing though, when it comes to health there isn’t anything more harmful than stress. Especially when it comes to colds. Stress weakens our immune system, making us more susceptible to colds and illness. It’s great to have a few plans or a couple of projects to tackle but give yourself some time to relax. Plan some zen time–your body will thank you for it!
2) WATER. Just because it’s getting cooler outside doesn’t mean staying hydrated isn’t important. Be sure to keep up with your water intake. Dehydration weakens the body’s ability to fight off infection and will cause colds to linger. Plain water not your thing? Spruce up your water by adding a couple of fresh or frozen fruits!
3) HEALTHY FOOD. The holidays are coming and you know what that means: treats, treats ad more treats. Processed foods and alcohol put stress on our digestive system, weakening the immune system and making colds a possibility. A holiday cookie here and there is fine, but try to opt for plenty of organic fruit and veggies instead. Tip: Dark leafy greens and citrus fruits are just two foods that help fight cold symptoms!
4) SLEEP. Getting plenty of rest is crucial in the prevention of colds. In the simplest terms, sleep deprivation suppresses immune function making catching a cold easier, and getting over one more difficult. So try to catch 7-9 hours of Zs per night!
5) CHIROPRACTIC. Colds develop when the immune system is too weak to fight the virus. Meaning, spinal misalignments (subluxations) are one of the root causes of colds! Unfortunately, subluxations don’t go away on their own. They remain until they are removed. How can subluxations be removed? By seeing a chiropractor. Chiropractors know you deserve MORE than just temporary relief. They find and correct the CAUSE, so you can experience lasting relief of colds!
If you are ready to take action and seek the help of a chiropractor, give us a call and make your new patient appointment. Click Here